Hospice of the Prairie & Prairie Home Health is a not-for-profit hospice and home health care organization. We have served the residents of Southwestern Kansas since 1981.
Our hospice program provides loving, compassionate care that assists people who are dying and their loved ones with a full range of medical, emotional, spiritual, and social needs. Hospice services are provided in private homes; nursing homes; assisted living facilities; and, in some cases, hospitals.
Our home health program provides quality, skilled services to recovering, disabled or chronically ill persons who need medical treatment or assistance with daily living. Home health services are performed in private homes or assisted living facilities.
Several things set us apart from other hospices and home health agencies:
- We are an independent, not-for-profit organization.
- Our clinical staff are among the brightest, most professional health care professionals in Southwest Kansas. All clinical staff receive specialized training in their area of expertise such as home health nursing, hospice nursing, social work and physical therapy provided in the home environment.
- We are the only hospice based in Dodge City.
- We are able to offer our hospice services to anyone who needs them, regardless of financial circumstances.
- We offer a comprehensive bereavement support program to our hospice families, and grief and loss services to the community.
- We are fully committed to providing employees with a thorough orientation and opportunities for ongoing education and professional development.
- We are dedicated to educating our community about hospice care, home health care, and related issues.
- We welcome your interest in our organization and look forward to hearing from you.