Home health care is a service provided to recovering, disabled or chronically ill persons who need medical treatment or assistance with daily living. Through home health, clients receive quality, skilled services in the comfort and security of their own homes.
Prairie Home Health Provides:
- Skilled nursing assessment (including but not limited to: CHF, COPD, CVA, pain assessment, anti-coagulation therapy, urinary retention, monthly catheter changes)
- Teaching regarding medications, disease process
- Wound care
- Diabetic teaching including foot care
- Nutritional Counseling regarding disease process
- IV Therapy, including parenteral therapy and central line maintenance
- Enteral Therapy
- Pediatric Assessment
- Implementation and ongoing assessment of Home Exercise Program
- Gait training
- Mobility training
- Home safety
- Providing care to those that have an orthopedic concern/injury, CVA, generalized weakness and many other situations regarding home therapy. Please call us to discuss any questions you may have.
Home Health Aide
- Bathing and personal hygiene
- Assistance with activities of daily living
- Patient must have at least one “qualifying service” listed under the Nursing Care or Physical Therapy sections above to receive Home Health Aide services
Medical Social Services
- Short-term therapeutic counseling
- Assistance with referrals to other community agencies
Who May Make Referrals
Anyone may refer a client to home health, and services are provided as ordered by the patient’s physician. Services are provided to all persons who meet admission criteria regardless of race, color, age, national origin, religion, sex or handicap. To make a home health referral, contact us.
How are Services Paid For?
Most public and private insurance companies cover home health costs. These include Medicare, Medicaid and Blue Cross/Blue Shield. Benefits and requirements may vary.
Prairie Home Health provides services in Clark, Edwards, Ford, Gray, Hodgeman, and Meade counties.
For more information on home health services, call 620-227-7209.