Hospice of the Prairie & Prairie Home Health volunteers are thoroughly trained in the philosophy and goals of the hospice program, as well as the care and comfort of the hospice patient.
Participants of the training are not obligated to become a hospice volunteer; the training is simply an opportunity to learn more about hospice care and other related topics.
Those who choose to be a volunteer can pick from a wide variety of roles, which include: being a friendly visitor to patients at home or the nursing home, working in the office, making deliveries, making bereavement calls, and more!
Some of the topics covered during volunteer training:
- Hospice philosophy and services
- Medicare/Medicaid Hospice Benefit
- Coping with loss and grief
- Sharpening your listening skills
- Spiritual and emotional needs of the terminally ill patient and their family
- Basic information about the dying process
- The role of the hospice volunteer
Next Training Dates
Next volunteer training dates:
Please contact 620-227-7209 for next training dates.